Trustworthiness is being worthy of trust. People can count on you to do your best, to keep your word, and to follow through on your commitments. You do what you say you will do. Trustworthiness is a key to success in anything you do.
You are practicing trustworthiness when you:
• Think before you make a promise to be sure you can do it,
• Take responsibility for remembering your commitments,
• Keep your promises even when they become hard to do,
• Abide by the rules even when no one is watching,
• Let nothing stop you from keeping your word,
• Do your best and finish what you start.
I am trustworthy. I keep my word. I am worthy of the trust others place in me.
The Family Connection was established in 2005 by the Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands as an early-childhood initiative. The mission of TFC is to strengthen the community child care and early education infrastructure in the USVI by building awareness of the importance of early learning and development for success and working with community agencies to promote quality care and education.
One of its efforts is the Virtues Project, an international initiative focused on building peaceful and caring communities.
The Source supports the Virtues Project. We will publish one of the virtues developed by the project each week.
Further information can be found here.