Due to the territory’s “Stay at Home” status, Attorney General Denise George has issued a reminder of measures put in place to safeguard the public and V.I. Department of Justice (DOJ) employees from potential exposure to COVID-19.
DOJ facilities on both St. Thomas and St. Croix remains closed to the public and will not conduct person-to-person services until further notice. Department of Justice’s four facilities that are closed to the public include:
- Office of the Attorney General located at the GERS Building, 2nd floor, St. Thomas and 213 Estate La Reine St. Croix,
- Division of Paternity and Child Support located on the 2nd floor of Nisky Shopping Center, St. Thomas,
- And 3018 Estate Orange Grove, St. Croix.
The following services are provided electronically or telephonically in the following manner:
- Administrative claims: Persons who would like to file administrative claims may download and print the claim forms from the DOJ website or may email Assistant Attorney General Ariel Smith, chief of the Civil Division, St. Thomas, at Ariel.firstname.lastname@example.org or 340-774-5666 ext. 10155.
For questions regarding pending criminal cases, contact Assistant Attorney General Eugene Connor, acting chief of the Criminal Division, St. Thomas, at Eugene.email@example.com or 340-774-5666 ext. 10168 or contact Assistant Attorney General Eric Chancellor, chief of the Criminal Division, St. Croix, at Eric.firstname.lastname@example.org or 340-773-0295 ext. 20219.
- Criminal misdemeanor complaints – Persons may file criminal complaints about prosecution based on VIPD police reports via email and telephone. Contact Delyn Willett, Criminal Complaint Intake officer at Delyn.email@example.com or 340-774-5666 ext. 10172.
- Requests for financial/white collar/corruption investigations can be filed via email and telephone. Please contact William Curtis, Special Investigations Division director, at William.Curtis@doj.vi.gov or 340-774-5666 ext. 10351.
- Sex Offender Registry: Sex offenders who are residing, working or attending school in the territory and need to register or update their information must do so telephonically or via email. Please contact Inais Borque, Territorial Sex Offender Registry manager, at Inais.firstname.lastname@example.org or 340-773-0295 ext. 20250. Offenders must understand that failure to comply with these obligations will subject them to prosecution for failure to register.
- Paternity and Child support Division – Customers are encouraged to utilize the following contact information:
Telephone No.: 340-775-3070; Fax No.: 340-775-3808
Mailing Address: Department of Justice, Paternity and Child Support Division, 8000 Nisky Shopping Center, Suite 500, 2nd Floor, St. Thomas, V.I. 00802-5844
Telephone No.: 340-778-5958; Fax No.: 340-779-3800
Mailing Address: Department of Justice, Paternity and Child Support Division, 3018 Estate Orange Grove, Suite 4, Christiansted, V.I. 00820
This limited service will continue at the V.I. Department of Justice Paternity and Child Support Division until further notice.
For more information on COVID-19, visit the USVI Department of Health website at www.doh.vi.gov/coronavirus or text COVID19USVI to 888777.