Thankfulness is being grateful for what we have. It is an attitude of gratitude for learning, loving and being. Appreciate the little things that happen around you and within you every day. Think positively. Thankfulness brings contentment.
You are practicing thankfulness when you:
– Are thankful for the gifts of life,
– Appreciate your own abilities instead of envying others,
– See the difficulties of life as learning opportunities,
– Enjoy your sense of wonder about the beauty in the world,
– Are willing to receive what others want to give, and
– Count your blessings every day.
I am thankful for the many gifts within me and around me today. I appreciate my life. I look for the lessons. I expect the best.
The Family Connection was established in 2005 by the Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands as an early-childhood initiative. The mission of TFC is to strengthen the community child care and early education infrastructure in the USVI by building awareness of the importance of early learning and development for success and working with community agencies to promote quality care and education.
One of its efforts is the Virtues Project, an international initiative focused on building peaceful and caring communities.
The Source supports the Virtues Project. We will publish one of the virtues developed by the project each week.