Service is giving to others, making a difference in their lives. You consider their needs as important as your own. Be helpful without waiting to be asked. Do every job with excellence. When you act with a spirit of service, you can change the world.
You are practicing service when you:
– want to make a difference in the world;
– look for opportunities to be of service to others;
– do thoughtful things to help your family and friends;
– work with enthusiasm;
– don’t wait to be asked when something needs doing;
– and when you do your part to care for the earth: recycle, reduce, reuse.
I am a person of service. I have compassion for those who need help. I do my part to make a better world.
The Family Connection was established in 2005 by the Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands as an early-childhood initiative. The mission of TFC is to strengthen the community childcare and early education infrastructure in the USVI by building awareness of the importance of early learning and development for success and working with community agencies to promote quality care and education.
One of its efforts is the Virtues Project, an international initiative focused on building peaceful and caring communities.
The Source supports the Virtues Project. We will publish one of the virtues developed by the project each week.