The public is invited to participate in the 27th annual Olympic Day activities Saturday at the St. Croix Educational Complex High School track. Olympic Day is an international day to celebrate Olympians, according to Theresa Harper, secretary of the V.I. Triathlon Federation.
St. Croix’s Olympic Day Run is an effort to encourage fitness in the territory with activities promoting sportsmanship. Runners, joggers and walkers of all ages are invited.
Harper said the event supports athletes in the territory.
Each participant will have the opportunity to complete a mile at his or her own pace and do it with a group of choice.
The schedule of Olympic Day activities follows:
– Registration begins at 4 p.m.
– Walkers will start at 5 p.m. and complete four laps around the track
– The 15-minute mile group starts at 5:30 p.m.
– The 10-minute mile group starts at 5:45 p.m.
– The seven-minute mile group starts at 6 p.m.
– The six-minute mile group starts at 6:15 p.m.
There is no entry fee for this event. Each participant will receive an official time for completing the distance and the number of calories burned. Each participant will be given a special Olympic Day T-shirt, certificate and pin.