80.3 F
Charlotte Amalie
Wednesday, July 6, 2022
HomeNewsArchivesGUARDSMAN CHARGED WITH SEXUAL HARASSMENT

GUARDSMAN CHARGED WITH SEXUAL HARASSMENT

The second-highest ranking official of the V.I. National Guard is on administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation into sexual harassment charges against him.
National Guard spokesman Osbert Potter said Wednesday night that Col. Edward "Eddie" Charles, the guard's chief of staff, has been on leave since last month when the investigation began. While declining to identify who brought the charges against Charles, Potter did say he expects the case to take "about two months to resolve."
Potter said any time such a complaint is filed against a guardsman it is thoroughly investigated.
"Both Col. Charles and his accuser will have the opportunity to defend their case," Potter added.
Charles has been with the National Guard for more than two decades and has been chief of staff since January 1998. Col. Marion Petersen is acting chief of staff in Charles' absence, Potter said.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Keeping our community informed is our top priority.
If you have a news tip to share, please call or text us at 340-228-8784.




Support local + independent journalism in the U.S. Virgin Islands

Unlike many news organizations, we haven't put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as accessible as we can. Our independent journalism costs time, money and hard work to keep you informed, but we do it because we believe that it matters. We know that informed communities are empowered ones. If you appreciate our reporting and want to help make our future more secure, please consider donating.

STAY CONNECTED

20,771FansLike
4,753FollowersFollow

FROM FACEBOOK

Comments Box SVG iconsUsed for the like, share, comment, and reaction icons
Load more
The second-highest ranking official of the V.I. National Guard is on administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation into sexual harassment charges against him.
National Guard spokesman Osbert Potter said Wednesday night that Col. Edward "Eddie" Charles, the guard's chief of staff, has been on leave since last month when the investigation began. While declining to identify who brought the charges against Charles, Potter did say he expects the case to take "about two months to resolve."
Potter said any time such a complaint is filed against a guardsman it is thoroughly investigated.
"Both Col. Charles and his accuser will have the opportunity to defend their case," Potter added.
Charles has been with the National Guard for more than two decades and has been chief of staff since January 1998. Col. Marion Petersen is acting chief of staff in Charles' absence, Potter said.