79.2 F
Charlotte Amalie
Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Community

Beach Advisory for April 12-16

DPNR performed water quality analysis at 27 designated beaches throughout the territory during the week of April 12 – April 16, 2021. The following beaches meet water quality standards and are considered safe for swimming and fishing:

Deron Dixon Dies at 35

Deron Dixon of Estate Little Princesse, died on April 3.

Sargassum: Brown Tide Threatens the Caribbean

A decade after the first sargassum blooms were spotted in the South Atlantic, these massive brown mats of macro-algae represent one of the largest ecological threats to the Caribbean.

Moot Court Competition Names Winners

The recordings of both days of the competition are available on the “Media Services” page of the vicourts website under the link “Video Archive.”

Gomez Elementary School Temporarily Returns to Virtual Learning on April 16

Joseph Gomez Elementary School will temporarily return to virtual learning following confirmation by the V.I. Department of Health on April 15 of one positive COVID-19 case among the students.

Christine Agatha Christian-Gilmore Dies at 95

Christine Agatha Christian-Gilmore, our matriarch, died on Easter Sunday morning, April 4.
Marijuana leaves (Yahoo photo)

Public Hemp Commission to Hold Virtual Public Meeting on April 22

There will be an executive session for the first half hour. The media and the public are invited to attend.

VIEO Real-Time Energy Monitoring Pilot Program Application Opens for Participation

With this program, the Virgin Islands Energy Office aims to give people more transparency into their energy profile, i.e., how much electricity they use and when.

V.I. Schools Plan Mix of Virtual and In-Person Graduations

The end of the school year is coming up, and with the territory still facing the COVID-19 pandemic, V.I. public schools are planning a mix of virtual and in-person events. See the schedule here.

Ruby Rutnik Scholarship Fund Now Accepting Applications for 2021-22 School Year

Every year since 1997, annual scholarships totaling $5,000 or more have been awarded to young women from St. John to help defray the cost of college tuition.

JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

STAY CONNECTED

20,622FansLike
4,124FollowersFollow

FROM FACEBOOK

Comments Box SVG iconsUsed for the like, share, comment, and reaction icons
Load more