75.1 F
Charlotte Amalie
Friday, April 26, 2019
Fri April 26, 2019 7:55 AM
Home Community Page 120

Community

Students Want More Digital Content, Better Teachers

More digital study material and class content, more and better trained teachers, more activities and more sex-ed are some of the things students told legislators they need.

Sheila Rose Trunk Dies in Massachusetts

Sheila Rose Trunk of Brookline, Mass., and St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, passed away on Tuesday, Feb. 2, at her Brookline home with her family by her side.

Chef Julius Jackson Shows What’s in ‘The Kitchen’ This Weekend

Food Network’s "The Kitchen" will show viewers how to beat the cold this weekend with some tropical cooking, including a Caribbean coconut shrimp with mango sauce recipe whipped up by local chef and champion boxer Julius Jackson. 

Peter Gruber International Academy Hosts 13 Students From Spain

Since the introduction of the International Baccalaureate (IB) program, Peter Gruber International Academy has stayed true to its mission in building globally-minded students. With the support of parents, staff, students and the local community, the school has been able to raise funds each year to send students and teachers to every continent with the exceptions of Antarctica and Australia. Students from all over the world also come to St. Thomas as part of the IB program.

@ School: V.I. Cyber Kings Ready to Take on the World

A group of 11 to 13 year old girls at All Saints Cathedral School are learning skills that may save your life in the future. They are V.I. Kings Cyber Patriot team, the first and only V.I. team participating in the Cyber Patriot program. 

Students Speak Their Minds on Gun Violence, Discrimination and More

Three St. Thomas private school students shared their thoughts about discrimination, gun violence and marijuana legalization to the V.I. Legislature Wednesday, with greater clarity and seriousness than often seen by their seniors. 

Talking About Self-Respect

Many problems are not what we think they are. Gail Glanville’s columns shine a light on the real problem and provide holistic solutions for resolution from the inside out. 

Chandler McGaw Dies at 58

Chandler “Sandy” McGaw of Camden, Maine, was killed in a collision on the afternoon of Jan. 17. He was 58 years old.

New Innovation Center Gives UVI Students Chance to Give Life to ‘Revolutionary’ Ideas

A new innovation center in the UVI library on St. Thomas will give students access to the kind of technology needed to make ideas – such as generating three dimensional prosthetics – come to life.

V.I. State Teacher of the Year Honored at Government House Ceremony

Monique Mari Motta, the Virgin Islands 2016 State Teacher of the Year, was honored before family members, and education and government officials Thursday, Jan. 14, at Government House in Christiansted, St. Croix.

JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

STAY CONNECTED

16,531FansLike
3,136FollowersFollow

FROM FACEBOOK

Load more
Connect with us!