77 F
Charlotte Amalie
Wednesday, January 23, 2019
Wed January 23, 2019 1:40 AM
Home Community Page 103

Community

Kadeem Barnes, 26, Killed in Shooting

Kadeem Barnes, 26 was shot and killed Saturday night in the Altona area, the V.I. Police Department reported Monday. It was the 15th homicide on St. Thomas since the first of the year, the 21st in the territory.

@ School: All Saints Senior Well Versed in Hard Work

When Irvin Mason Jr. says 'I keep myself busy,' he’s not exaggerating. The All Saints Cathedral School senior, the territory champion in the 2016 Poetry Out Loud contest, spent much of last week in Washington, D.C., where he represented the Virgin Islands in the national competition.

Jewels of the Virgin Isles: Lucien Downes

Lucien Downes is a budding artist who recently moved back to St. Croix to make his mark in the creative arts and to build momentum for his home to become a “hub for the art world.”

On Island Profile: Trotman Takes Transportation Up Another Tier

Perry Trotman was still a newcomer in the taxi and tour business when he received the highest local honor from the tourism industry, the Tommy Star Award, in 2011. Now, he's planning to expand his enterprise and branch into new territory.

Weekly Update: Health Confirms Two More Cases of Zika, Warns People to Stay Protected...

This week the V.I. Department of Health confirmed two more cases of Zika in the territory, bringing the total number of confirmed positive cases to 16.

Teachers Shut Down St. Thomas Schools Over Retro Pay, School Conditions

St. Thomas-St. John schools were dismissed early, classes canceled and students sent home Tuesday afternoon as teachers protested for retroactive pay and better conditions in the schools.

Crazy Woman’s Guide to Health: A Few Easy Crap Substitutes

I ran into an acquaintance at Cost U Less the other day. Being crazy, I couldn’t stop myself from critically reviewing and eventually commenting on what was in his cart.

News Story by Gregory Norris

On Sunday, Jan. 31, Ziggy’s Island Market on the East End Road of St. Croix sponsored and hosted the 7th Annual St. Croix Johnny...

Shirley Govine Dies in New York

Shirley Govine of St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands died on Tuesday, March 22, at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center in Queens, New York, due to cardiac arrest. Shirley was 80 years old.

Dan Stecher Dies at 71

Dan Stecher, 71, died March 26 at Schneider Hospital after a brief illness.

JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

STAY CONNECTED

15,712FansLike
3,136FollowersFollow

FROM FACEBOOK

Load more
Connect with us!