Broadband VI, the largest fixed wireless internet service provider in the U.S. Virgin Islands, informs the public it has adopted the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC’s) “Keep America Connected” pledge and is offering discounted internet services to students and their families.
In response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic and its growing impact on society, Broadband VI has joined the FCC’s request for the next 60 days to:
– not terminate service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic; and
– waive any late fees that any residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic.
In addition, in recognizes that many schools are shifting to “school-from-home” teaching as part of a larger strategy to use social distancing to resist the spread of COVID-19; therefore, more families are needing highspeed internet access to support distance learning, conduct business and obtain access to health professionals, news and entertainment options. To ease this shift in the work and social schedules of our student families, Broadband VI is offering the following service enhancements through May 15, 2020:
– No installation fees for new high-speed internet service
– “Half-off” discount for new subscribers to 25Mbps Zipline service ($39.95/month; reg. $79.95)
Broadband VI also participates in the FCC’s Lifeline program, which offers additional service discounts to qualifying individuals. See https://broadband.vi/lifeline-internet-service/ for details.
“Our goal has always been to provide reliable and affordable internet connectivity to all, and especially now, to students and their families who are so directly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic,” said David Zumwalt, CEO of Broadband VI.
“We are committed to our community and have built a strong legacy of responding to emergencies, as we did during hurricanes Irma and Maria, as we were the first internet service provider to restore service after the storms. Similarly, we are prepared to work through the COVID-19 pandemic,” Zumwalt said.
Kevin Hughes, Broadband VI’s chief marketing officer, said, “Education is crucial to our economy and our future. Broadband VI pioneered the popular Student Internet Offering in 2019, and the COVID19 pandemic underscores how important fast and reliable internet service has become in our homes, businesses and schools.”
Broadband VI is discouraging walk-in traffic to its offices during the COVID-19 pandemic, for the protection of Broadband VI employees as well as the community. To conveniently connect with Broadband VI without the need to visit our offices:
- Contact us by phone at 719-2943 (STX) or 774-5780 (STT-STJ).
- Reach us via e-mail at [email protected]
- Browse on-line at www.broadband.vi.
To discuss which of Broadband VI’s COVID-19 student offerings may be right for you and your family, please call 774-5780 on St. Thomas or 719-2943 on St. Croix.