Since hurricanes Irma and Maria, some programs administered by the V.I. Department of Human Services (DHS) have been temporarily relocated.
“We apologize for any inconvenience to the public as our primary goal is to provide uninterrupted social services to the Virgin Islands community,” said Commissioner Felecia I. Blyden. Since telephone service remains disrupted, the programs have also been assigned temporary mobile numbers, according to a press release from DHS. The following is a list identifying the programs, their temporary physical addresses, and the respective telephone contacts.
St. Croix District
Note: Except for the Office of the Commissioner, all DHS program offices at 3011 Golden Rock have been relocated.
- Office of the Commissioner – 3011 Golden Rock, 514-9513
- Childcare and Regulatory Services – 6179 Anna’s Hope
- Children, and Family Services and Psychological Services – 6179 Anna’s Hope, 643-1010
- Disabilities and Vocational Rehabilitation Services — 3011 Golden Rock (OTC), 626-6268
- Family Assistance Programs (SNAP, TANF, ECAP, JOBS, MAP) — Mars Hill, 642-8813
- Juvenile Justice – Kingshill, 643-1011; and Youth Rehabilitation Center — 179 Anna’s Hope, 690-2889
- Intake and Emergency Services – 19 Estate Diamond, 642-1239
- Senior Citizens Affairs, Senior I.D. Services – Richmond Senior Center and Herbert Grigg, 643-7361
- Preschool Services and Head Start – 6179 Anna’s Hope
- Human Resources and Labor Relations – 6179 Anna’s Hope, 643-8144 relocated
St. Thomas/St. John District
All of the programs administered by the Department of Human Services on St. Thomas and St. John are at 1303 Hospital Ground Knud Hansen Complex and the Multipurpose Building, respectively. The only program that has relocated is Head Start, which is temporarily at Estate Thomas. The main telephone number on St. Thomas is 774-0930 and St. John is 776-6334.