Forgive yourself, too. Instead of feeling hopeless after a mistake, decide to act differently, and have faith that you can change.
You are practicing forgiveness when you:
– Remember that everyone makes mistakes,
– Share your feelings without taking revenge,
– Stop giving uncaring people the chance to hurt you,
– Accept people without judgment or criticism,
– Take responsibility for your own mistakes, and
– Make amends instead of punishing yourself with guilt.
I am forgiving of others and myself. I am willing to give and receive amends. I learn from my mistakes. I have the power to keep changing for the better.
The Family Connection was established in 2005 by the Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands as an early-childhood initiative. The mission of TFC is to strengthen the community child care and early education infrastructure in the USVI by building awareness of the importance of early learning and development for success and working with community agencies to promote quality care and education.
One of its efforts is the Virtues Project, an international initiative focused on building peaceful and caring communities.
The Source supports the Virtues Project. We will publish one of the virtues developed by the project each week.