Sunday, March 26, 2017 5:04 am Last modified: 3:12 pm

Community

Virgil N. Williams Dies

Virgil N. Williams died on March 1.
Read More

Charles I. Wheatley Dies at 95

Charles I. Wheatley was born on St. Thomas, USVI, on Sept. 19, 1921.
Read More

Paul Smith Dies

We announce the passing of Paul “Lucky” Smith who died on Feb. 16. A viewing will be held from 5-7 p.m., Thursday, March 9, at Turnbull’s Funeral Home.
Read More

Marjorie Albertha Abbott Dies

Marjorie Albertha Abbott died on Feb. 17.
Read More

Danish National Archives Digitizes Huge Number of V.I. Colonial Period Documents

Today, five million digital images (1 km of documents) will be made available to everyone.
Read More

Award for Environmental Leadership in Caribbean Given to Tadzio Bervoets

The Advisory Committee of the Euan McFarlane Environmental Leadership Award of CFVI has announced its selection of Tadzio Bervoets in recognition of his important work as a dedicated and passionate Caribbean conservationist.
Read More

VING to Conduct Symposiums on Officer Career Opportunities

The Virgin Islands National Guard (VING) will conduct two symposiums throughout the territory to share information on careers for military officers.
Read More

UVI Astronomers Granted Access to World’s Largest Telescopes

The National Optical Astronomy Observatory granted astronomers at the University of the Virgin Islands access to two of the world’s largest telescopes in Chile and Hawaii.
Read More

India Association of the V.I. Elects Board of Directors, Leadership

The India Association of the Virgin Islands held its annual general body meeting on Friday, Feb. 17, and elected officers and a board of directors for 2017.
Read More

CAHS and Danish Students Collaborate on Centennial Project

For the last six months, AP English Language and Composition students at Charlotte Amalie High School have been hard at work on a collaborative research project with high school students in Denmark that shed light on an aspect of V.I. history they knew little about.
Read More