The V.I. Department of Human Services (DHS) today issued a clarification statement regarding the upcoming disbursement of Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) for School Year 2021-2022. Commissioner Kimberley Causey-Gomez is reiterating that “the P-EBT applies only for days students attended school virtually, not in a classroom/school setting. P-EBT will not be issued for days the student attended school in person.”
As a reminder, the USVI has a standard P-EBT benefit of $8.28 per day of virtual learning days only.
Please note that the amounts being issued to children for the 2021-2022 school year may be less than the previous school year (2020-2021).
Please do not contact the V.I. Department of Education, parochial or private schools for information. If you have questions about P-EBT, please call the P-EBT Customer Service Number 772-7120 or email email@example.com with the subject P-EBT.
How will the School Year 2021-2022 P-EBT be issued and how much will you receive?
- For eligible children/students attending school virtually and who currently receive regular SNAP, benefits will be loaded on the household’s existing EBT card.
- For eligible children/students attending school virtually and who do not receive SNAP but were issued a card for P-EBT in the past rounds, their P-EBT benefits will be automatically loaded to those cards.
- If you lost or damaged your P-EBT Card, contact the P-EBT hotline at 772-7120, email firstname.lastname@example.org or come to the DFA Issuance Offices located at Knud Hansen Complex (St. Thomas) or DHS Mars Hill to pick up a card. Picture IDS are required.
- For new, eligible/students attending school virtually, non-SNAP children: New P-EBT cards will be mailed to the addresses provided by the parents or guardians to:
- The card will be issued in the student’s name. Households with more than one eligible student will receive multiple cards.
- Instructions will be provided on how to set-up and utilize the card to access their benefits.
- DHS began issuing monthly P-EBT benefits for SNAP and non-SNAP school children beginning on Monday, Aug. 22. The issuance schedule is as follows:
1303 Hospital Ground • STE 1 • St. Thomas, VI 00802-6722 • 774-0930
3012 Golden Rock • Christiansted, VI 00802 • 718-2980
Process Day Description
August 22, 2022 Issue August and September 2021 benefits
August 23, 2022 Issue October and November 2021 benefits
August 24, 2022 Issue December 2021 and January 2022 benefits
August 25, 2022 Issue February 2022 and March 2022 benefits
August 26, 2022 Issue April 2022 and May 2022 benefits
- Friendly Reminder
- P-EBT benefits can only be used to purchase food items at the stores of authorized SNAP retailers.
- P-EBT benefits are not transferrable. You must destroy the card if you do not want the benefits.
The Department of Human Services (VIDHS) exists to provide social services to members in our community with diverse needs. In times of national uncertainty and hardship, we act as a safety-net and
exist to inspire hope and empower change through non-judgmental, quality delivery of needed services and resources.