The Virgin Islands Economic Development Authority (VIEDA) will repeat its free, highly popular informational webinar on at 11 a.m., Thursday, April 2, for USVI small business owners. It will focus on small business needs during the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) via Zoom, a software-based platform for video and audio communications.
Small business owners can register for the webinar at https://www.usvieda.org/webinar.
Over 200 individuals registered for the first webinar, which was initially held on Thursday, March 26.
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Most credible information resources for small businesses regarding updates related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the USVI
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Program from the U.S. Small Business Administration for small businesses impacted by COVID-19
- Updates on the economic impact of COVID-19 on the territory and the tourism industry
- VIEDA Business Impact Survey Results
Webinar will feature the following experts from the respective agencies:
- Richard Motta Jr., Communications Director, Office of the Governor
- Wayne Huddleston, Senior Area Manager (U.S. Virgin Islands) U.S. Small Business Administration (U.S. SBA)
- Ted Gutierrez, State Director, Virgin Islands Small Business Development Center (VI SBDC)
- Alani Henneman-Todman, Assistant Commissioner, USVI Department of Tourism
- Dr. Mark Wenner, Chief Economist, Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Division of Economic Research (DER)
- Cusa Holloway, Incubator Program Manager, VIEDA Business Incubator Program
Moderator: Wayne L. Biggs Jr., VIEDA Assistant Chief Executive Officer/Chief Operating Officer
For more information, contact Shanell Petersen, VIEDA managing director, Marketing and Vision 2040, at email@example.com.