The anonymous tip service, Crime Stoppers USVI, seeks the public’s help to solve several homicides that took place on St. Croix and St. Thomas.
Crime Stoppers USVI pays double rewards for information on cold cases leading to the arrest of the individual or individuals responsible for those heinous acts.
This week the anonymous tip service shone a spotlight on the following cases:
– In 2008 on St. Croix, Shadrach Frett was the victim of multiple gunshot wounds while a patient at the Juan Luis Hospital.
– Jumo Ritter was the victim of a homicide in 2008 at the Kingshill Bus Shanty, St. Croix.
– Craig Thurston Liburd was the victim of a homicide in the vicinity of Frederiksted Cemetery in 2008.
– In 2013, Earl Charles was identified by remains discovered in a burnt vehicle on ST. Croix.
– At roughly 4:31 p.m. June 9, the 911 call center received a call reporting a male in the Tutu High Rise Housing Community, St. Thomas, had sustained a gunshot wound to his body. The male was transported to Schneider Regional Medical Center where he later succumbed to his injuries. The victim was identified as 29-year-old Akeem Lettsome.
Crime Stoppers urged residents with information to submit their tips on these homicides by calling 1-800-222-8477 (I-800-222-TIPS) or online at www.crimestoppersvi.org or www.P3Tips.com.