Man Injured by Gunfire in Contant

A man walking with his wife in the Contant area Wednesday morning was injured by gunfire, the V.I. Police Department reported.

According to police, officers were dispatched at about 8 a.m. Wednesday to the Schneider Regional Medical Center regarding a report of a gunshot victim. At the hospital, the offices spoke to the victim, identified as Jay Weeks.

Weeks told officers he and his wife were walking westward from the 1-800-Sports Bar in the area of Contant, when he heard a single gunshot fired. Weeks said he realized that he had been struck and began to run for his life. He said he looked in the direction where the gunshot came from and saw a black male fleeing the area.

Weeks sustained a single gunshot wound to his right wrist and was treated in the SRMC emergency room and released.

Advertising (skip)
Advertising (skip)
Advertising (skip)

The Criminal Investigation Bureau is investigating the case and urged anyone with information to contact the bureau at 340-774-2211 ext. 5579 or 5557, the 911 call center, the St. Thomas-St. John Chief’s office at 340-715- 5548, or the anonymous tip service, Crime Stoppers VI, at 1-800-222-8477.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Support the VI Source

Unlike many news organizations, we haven't put up a paywall - we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. Our sites are more popular than ever, but advertising revenues are falling - so you can see why we could use your help. Our independent journalism costs time, money and hard work to keep you informed, but we do it because we believe that it matters. If everybody who appreciates our reporting efforts were to help fund it for as little as $1, our future would be much more secure. Thanks in advance for your support!