Schools — St. Thomas
Registration Opens for Classes at Raphael O. Wheatley Skill Center
Registration for vocational-technical education classes at the Raphael O. Wheatley Skill Center will begin on Monday, Aug. 15. Classes begin on Wednesday, Aug. 31. Interested persons should register Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the center, according to a press release from Supervisor Linda Sibilly.
The following day classes are scheduled between 8:10 a.m. and 3:10 p.m.:
Tuition: $250 per semester
Auto body repair, Auto mechanic repair, Carpentry, Culinary Arts, Cosmetology, Computer, Applications, Drafting and Entrepreneurship (New!)
Tuition: $350 per semester (All Allied Health course)
Medical Administrative Assistant, Phlebotomy Technician, EKG Technician and Clinical Medical Assistant (open only to returning students).
Persons interested in the new Photovoltaic Installation class should call for schedule and tuition fees.
The following evening classes are scheduled from 6-8:30 p.m.:
Tuition: $250 per semester
Computer Applications, Cosmetology and Entrepreneurship (New!)
Tuition: $350 per semester
Medical Billing and Coding (New!) and Clinical Medical Assistant (open only to returning students).
Textbook fees are not included in the tuition. The last day to register is Sept. 16.
Sibilly is also informing the public of the following upcoming courses: Jewelry Design/Manufacturing and Gemology (conducted in collaboration with the Caribbean Islands Education Foundation Inc. and Gemology Studies.) Interested persons should call for more details on scheduling and tuition.
Persons registering for classes are required to meet the following requirements:
1. Complete an application form
2. Provide a copy of a valid ID with a recent picture (passport, driver’s license, etc.)
3. Payment must be made by Money order/bank draft onlyto the Government of the Virgin Islands.
4. Proof of medical insurance (provide copy of insurance card).
5. Registration fee of $31 includes $15 for medical insurance if student doesn’t have one, $10 for school ID, and $6 for school patch. Fees should be paid by separate money orders.
6. Participants referred by the Department of Labor, Department of Human Services, Vocational Rehabilitation, Veteran’s Affairs, or Interisland Coalition must bring the official documentation from the referring agency
7. Be 18 years of age or older and have obtained a high school diploma or working towards obtaining a GED*
Allied Health requirements:
1. Be 18 years of age or older and have obtained a diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
2. Official copy of transcript or copy of GED diploma.
No participant will be allowed to begin classes until all the above requirements have been met.
For more information, contact Linda Sibilly at 774-6277.