The fund was established to enhance the educational experiences of children and youth in the USVI. This is one of over 100 funds that have been established through the CFVI to serve the children and families of the V.I.
To qualify for a Starboard Summer Enrichment Scholarship, a student must:
* Be a 10th or 11th grader in a public or private high school in St. Thomas, St. John or St. Croix.
* Be accepted in/or have applied to a summer enrichment program.
* Have an average cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
* Demonstrate financial need.
Priority is given to applicants who demonstrate extraordinary academic as well as community service oriented accomplishments. Quality of the enrichment program will also be an important consideration. CFVI wants to emphasize that these summer scholarships are available for a wide range of enrichment programs, including but not limited to music, the arts, entrepreneurship and community leadership.
CFVI also invites public and private school students to apply for the 2012 Interlochen Center for the Arts Summer Camp Scholarship. This scholarship of up to $2,500 is funded through the generosity of the Prior Family Foundation.
To qualify for the Interlochen Scholarship, a student must:
* Be a student at a public or private school in St. Thomas, St. John or St. Croix.
* Provide documentation of acceptance into the 2012 Interlochen Center for the Arts Summer Camp program.
Applications are available at the office of the Community Foundation of the Virgin Island in Royal Dane Mall, on the Foundation's Web site www.cfvi.net or by calling 774-6031. Applications must be submitted to CFVI no later than April 6, but applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Applications will be considered as they are received. For more information, call CFVI at 774-6031.