- This event has passed.
Senate: Housing, Transportation, Infrastructure, etc.
April 15 @ 9:00 am
The committee has scheduled a meeting to receive testimony from the Department of Public Works to receive updates on the operations and responsibilities of the department including but not limited to:
1. The status of hurricane-related road and infrastructure repair and reconstruction
2. The status of GARVEE Bond-funded capital improvement projects
3. The status of all other DPW-managed capital projects
4. The implementation of Act No. 7798 (Call Before You Dig)
5. The status of public transportation, including for the elderly and people with disabilities and including ferryboat transportation
6. The status of public cemeteries in the territory
7. A status report on the acceptance of private roads into public road system; and
8. DPW’s state of readiness for the 2019 Hurricane Season
Department of Public Works: Commissioner Nominee Nelson Petty Jr.