- This event has passed.
Senate: Culture, Historic Preservation, Aging (REVISED)
November 22, 2019 @ 10:00 am
The committee will receive testimony on the following bills:
1. The Committee will host a brief tribute in honor of the 1733 St. John Revolution
• Dr. Gilbert Sprauve, St. John resident
• Eddie Bruce, drummer
• Emmanuel Boyd, conch shell blower
11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
2. Bill No. 33-0127 — An Act posthumously honoring and commending the men and women who lost their lives while serving in the United States Armed Forces; naming the roundabout road circle located in downtown Cruz Bay, St. John “The Veterans Circle,” and appropriating $20,000 to the Virgin Islands Council on the Arts to commission a monument in memory of the veterans.
(Sponsored by Sen. Athneil “Bobby” Thomas)
Lunch 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
3. The committee will receive an update on Senior Centers, Home Care, and Housing and Services for Seniors in the Virgin Islands.
4. An update on Peter Bailey’s winning film which is called Paradise Discovered: Unbreakable Virgin Islanders.
4- 4:30 p.m.
5. The committee will remember the contributions of J. Antonio Jarvis through his poetry and other writings on the anniversary of his birth.