Wednesday, February 21, 2018 12:36 pm Last modified: 10:26 am

Community

Elliot B. Hodge Dies

Elliot B. Hodge died on Dec. 28 at Schneider Regional Medical Center.
Read More

Labor Investing for Tomorrow (LIFT) Accepting Applications for Internship Program

Now in its 29th year, LIFT continues to provide college juniors, seniors and graduate students with meaningful work/internship experience in their chosen career field.
Read More

University of Miami, Prior Family Foundation Create 2018 ReVIve; Applications Now Available

Univ. of Miami with the Prior Family Foundation have announced the 2018 ReVIve – USVI Impact Competition, which aims to spur innovation in the U.S. Virgin Islands through entrepreneurship and ingenuity.
Read More

The Caribbean Writer Recommends Reading List for 2018

The Caribbean Writer has announced its Top Ten Recommended Reading List for 2018. The titles whose publication dates range from 2014 to 2017 were chosen, not based on their release dates but for their grit and pluck.
Read More

V.I. Carnival Sub-Committee Makes Applications Available to J’ouvert Troupe Owners

The Virgin Islands Carnival Music Sub-committee informs all those interested in applying for J’ouvert troupes for VI Carnival 2018 that applications will be available shortly.
Read More
The RT Park building on UVI's St. Croix campus. (File photo)

UVI Bulletin Board for February

Here is what's happening on both campuses of the University of the Virgin Islands.
Read More

V.I. Carnival Junior Calypso Competition Applications Available

All applications should be returned by Thursday, March 1.
Read More

Maria Julia Spenceley Dies in Florida

Maria Julia Cancel Spenceley died on Dec. 19 surrounded by family and friends in Brooksville, Fla. She was 83 years old. Maria is survived by her husband, Kenneth William Spenceley; daughters: Jill Ann Hood and Susan Marie Parker; granddaughter, Amber Lynne Parker; son-in-law, Jason L
Read More

Carnival Committee Chooses 66th Anniversary Carnival Theme

The winning entry, which was submitted anonymously, is relevant, short and meaningful.
Read More

V.I. Carnival Calypso Committee Inviting Calypsonians to Meeting

The Virgin Islands Carnival Calypso Committee is inviting all calypsonians interested in competing for the 2018 Calypso Monarch Title.
Read More