80.6 F
Charlotte Amalie
Saturday, May 26, 2018
Sat May 26, 2018 9:27 PM

Community

V.I. Chief Judge Wilma Lewis to Deliver 2018 Commencement Address at Penn State Law

Nominated for the court by President Barack Obama on March 2, 2011, Judge Lewis was confirmed by the Senate on June 30, 2011, and became the first woman to serve as a federal district court judge in the United States Virgin Islands. She became chief judge in August 2013.
A view from the Virgin Islands National Park. (AMy Roberts photo)

V.I. National Park Tourism Benefits St. John With Over $61 Million

Tourism to Virgin Islands National Park creates $61,113,100 in economic benefits. A new NPS report shows visitor spending supports 563 jobs in the local economy of St. John.

DOE’s Special Nutrition Program to Make Fresh Produce Available to Elementary Schools

All public elementary schools in the St. Thomas-St. John and St. Croix districts are encouraged to apply. Applications can be picked up or emailed beginning Wednesday, May 2.

Friends of V.I. National Park Power Swim Set for May 27

People are invited to register to swim, sign up to volunteer or watch the action from the beautiful shoreline of the bay.

Crucian Award-Winning Filmmaker Bermúdez-Ruiz to Screen Short Drama, ‘Solene’

It tells the story of an actress who is returning to her Caribbean home on a quest to rekindle her past love with a stand-up paddle female athlete. The film was shot entirely on location on St. Croix.
Interfernos Carnival Troupe brought more than 100 to thrill the crowd with extravagant costumes. (Gerard Sperry photo)

Carnival Committee Announces March and Parade Winners

V.I. Carnival Committee releases results of the 2018 parade and street activities competitions held April 28, 29.

UVI Bulletin Board for May

Here is what's happening on both campuses of the University of the Virgin Islands.

St. Croix Foundation Awards Over $275,000 in Recovery Grants to Local Nonprofits

Recognizing the critical service gaps that St. Croix nonprofits are filling with scarce philanthropic support and limited local governmental funding, grants were awarded to St. Croix-based nonprofit organizations and charitable initiatives that offer programs and direct services.

Rotary Club of St. Thomas East Plans Cinco de Mayo Chihuahua Races

Open to the public, the races will begin at 6 p.m. with 30 dogs, all under 20 pounds, competing on a short track to win bragging rights and prizes provided by the local business community.

Annual King of the Wing Contest Set for June 9

Teams consisting of the top local restaurants, businesses, organizations and chicken wing connoisseurs will set up their grills and cooking stations right on the beach from noon to 5 p.m.

JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

STAY CONNECTED

6,683FansLike
3,140FollowersFollow

FROM FACEBOOK

5 hours ago

VI Source

... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

Comment on Facebook

Hi there! The ag fair was awesome!

👋