79.4 F
Charlotte Amalie
Thursday, August 22, 2019
Thu August 22, 2019 2:48 AM
Home Community Page 144

Community

UVI President David Hall to Receive USVI-HTA Award of Excellence

University of the Virgin Islands President David Hall will be honored with the U.S. Virgin Islands Hotel and Tourism Association’s (USVI-HTA) Award of Excellence at the 14th Annual Tommy Star Awards and Gala on Nov. 14, at Marriott’s Frenchman’s Reef Beach Hotel.

Project Homeless Connect Seeking Volunteers

The 8th annual Project Homeless Connect, sponsored by the United Way of the Virgin Islands and the V.I. Department of Human Services, will be held in November and December this year.

Henrietta L. Ham Dies at 98

Henrietta L. Ham of Estate Castle Burke died on Sept. 15 at her residence. She was 98 years old.

Judge Julio Brady Dies at 73

Former lieutenant governor, Superior and Territorial Court judge, attorney general, and attorney, Julio Brady died Wednesday on St. Croix after a long illness. He was 73.

Crazy Woman’s Guide to Health: Going Nuts!

I love nuts. I live on them. I have spent the last 30 years experimenting. I get my protein and my snacks from nuts. I have lost all the weight I had gained from my carb loading diet and I have kept it off.

Claudius James Hobson Dies at 87

Claudius James Hobson, better known as "Twine," of Frydendahl died on Aug. 30 at the Schneider Regional Medical Center. He was 87 years old.

Vanito James Dies at 84

Vanito James, also known as Juanito James, of Cruz Bay, St. John, died on Aug. 30, on St. Thomas at the age of 84.

Blanche T. Cid Dies at 103

Blanche T. Cid died on Monday, Aug. 24, at the Schneider Regional Medical Center on St. Thomas. She was 103 years old.

Gladys O. Kelly Dies at 87

Gladys O. Kelly, also known as “Tita Baby,” died on Aug. 24, at Schneider Regional Medical Center. She was 87 years old.

Interior Appoints Basil Ottley Jr. as Insular Affairs Policy Director

The U.S. Department of the Interior has announced the selection of Basil Ottley Jr. to serve as the new policy director at the headquarters of the Office of Insular Affairs (OIA) in Washington, D.C. Ottl

JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

STAY CONNECTED

17,324FansLike
3,136FollowersFollow

FROM FACEBOOK

Comments Box SVG iconsUsed for the like, share, comment, and reaction icons
Load more