82.4 F
Charlotte Amalie
Sunday, February 17, 2019
Sun February 17, 2019 1:50 PM
Home Community Page 106

Community

Directory for the Executive Branch

A Directory of Contact Information for Legislators, Legislative and Central Staff Developed by the Office of the Executive Director Legislature’s Website: www.legvi.org Innovative Cable TV: Ch. 17 STT & Ch. 5 STX Local Radio: WIUJ 102.9 & WVSE 91.9

Allen Adonis Canton Dies at 87

Allen Adonis Canton died at his residence on June 6. He was 87 years old.

Summer Camps and Programs for St. Thomas and St. John Young People

Here is a list of summer camps and organized activities available for children or young people. Please send information on your camps and activities to offer parents a variety of choices.

First Lip Sync Battle Raises Funds for Humane Society

Competitors who didn't make a sound of their own delighted a crowd of about 140 people Monday at Mahogany Run Banquet Room to support the Humane Society of St. Thomas.

Kadeem Barnes, 26, Killed in Shooting

Kadeem Barnes, 26 was shot and killed Saturday night in the Altona area, the V.I. Police Department reported Monday. It was the 15th homicide on St. Thomas since the first of the year, the 21st in the territory.

@ School: All Saints Senior Well Versed in Hard Work

When Irvin Mason Jr. says 'I keep myself busy,' he’s not exaggerating. The All Saints Cathedral School senior, the territory champion in the 2016 Poetry Out Loud contest, spent much of last week in Washington, D.C., where he represented the Virgin Islands in the national competition.

Jewels of the Virgin Isles: Lucien Downes

Lucien Downes is a budding artist who recently moved back to St. Croix to make his mark in the creative arts and to build momentum for his home to become a “hub for the art world.”

On Island Profile: Trotman Takes Transportation Up Another Tier

Perry Trotman was still a newcomer in the taxi and tour business when he received the highest local honor from the tourism industry, the Tommy Star Award, in 2011. Now, he's planning to expand his enterprise and branch into new territory.

Weekly Update: Health Confirms Two More Cases of Zika, Warns People to Stay Protected...

This week the V.I. Department of Health confirmed two more cases of Zika in the territory, bringing the total number of confirmed positive cases to 16.

Teachers Shut Down St. Thomas Schools Over Retro Pay, School Conditions

St. Thomas-St. John schools were dismissed early, classes canceled and students sent home Tuesday afternoon as teachers protested for retroactive pay and better conditions in the schools.

JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

STAY CONNECTED

15,903FansLike
3,136FollowersFollow

FROM FACEBOOK

Load more
Connect with us!