87.9 F
Charlotte Amalie
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
Tue September 25, 2018 1:35 PM
Home Community Page 105

Community

Mavis Elizabeth de Jongh Dies at 94

The de Jongh, Woods and Dukes families are saddened to announce the death of Mavis Elizabeth de Jongh at her home on Saturday, April 25, just a few days before her 95th birthday.

UVI Researchers Investigate Potential Risks of Lionfish Consumption

Researchers from the University of the Virgin Islands (UVI) have published results of their investigation into the consumption of lionfish in the “Marine Drugs Journal.” Since 2008, lionfish native to tropical and sub-tropical reef ecosystems in the southern Indian Ocean, South Pacific and Red Sea have been reported in waters in the territory.

Donald Chandler Dies in Connecticut

Donald Chandler of Wethersfield, Conn., beloved husband for 24 years of Susan Chandler, passed away after a brief illness on Wednesday, March 25. He was 67 years old.

Aubrey A. Vialet Sr. Dies in Virginia

St. Thomas native Aubrey A. Vialet Sr. died on April 14 in Norfolk, Va. Born on St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, on June 23, 1946, he has lived in Norfolk, Va., since 1996.

George Ernest Beers Dies at 88

George Ernest Beers died peacefully at his Crown Mountain Home on March 12.

Harvey Henne Dies in Florida

The Virgin Islands lost a lively and generous friend with the death of Harvey Henne on March 23. Harvey, born in 1924, died in Pompano Beach, Florida, where he moved with his beloved wife, Mitzi, in the late 1990s after 30 years on St. Thomas, Virgin Islands.

Helen V. James Yasper Dies at 80

Helen V. James Yasper died on March 25. She was 80 years old.

Boys and Girls Club Names USVIHTA’s Lisa Hamilton Champion of Youth

The Boys and Girls Club of America has awarded Lisa Hamilton, president of U.S. Virgin Islands Hotel and Tourism Association (USVIHTA) the Champion of Youth Award for her diligent work with the organization.

McCollum Re-Affirms Commitment To Evaluation System

Acting Education Commissioner Sharon Ann McCollum Monday re-affirmed the department’s commitment to the new Teacher and Leader Effectiveness System, the VIDE-revised process for evaluating teachers and administrators.

Crazy Woman’s Guide to Health: The Best Years Ever

These are the best years of my life. Not every 65 year old feels that way. But I do.I wake up most mornings ready to hit the ground running. And I never get sick. But I did recently. It lasted about two hours.

JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

STAY CONNECTED

14,647FansLike
3,136FollowersFollow

FROM FACEBOOK

Load more
Connect with us!