85.2 F
Charlotte Amalie
Friday, February 22, 2019
Fri February 22, 2019 12:04 PM
Home Community Page 104

Community

DRI and Chamber of Commerce to Give Updates on Main Street Project

Downtown Revitalization Inc. (DRI) and The St. Thomas-St. John Chamber of Commerce (COC) are deeply aware and sensitive to the community’s need to have information and updates on the progress of the Main Street Revitalization Project that was initiated by the Government of the Virgin Islands.

Bria Monét Evans Dies

A funeral for Bria Monet Evans will take place on Aug. 13.

King of the Wing Raises More Than $58,000 for V.I. Junior Achievement

This is a wing excerpt about which I have little to say. Just checking.This year’s winners in the restaurant division were: Rum Shandy, first place; Vicars Bar & Grill, second place; Fatty’s Bar & Grill/Taco Hell, third place. In the non-restaurant division winners were: Wolfgang Vincent, first place; Charter Caribe, second place; Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, third place.

Major USVI Boards and Commissions

There are well over 120 boards and commissions established in V.I. law. Here is a list of 31 of the most important boards that many residents and business people interact with.

Trades Licensing Boards Membership

There are nine trade licensing boards which the Division of Licensing and Consumer Affairs overseas. Below are those boards and members as of Aug. 9, 2016.

AARP VI Appoints De Chabert-Schuster to Be State Director

AARP has named Troy A. De Chabert-Schuster – a distinguished member of the community, entrepreneur and educator in the Virgin Islands for more than 17 years – to be the state director for AARP in the V.I., effective Aug. 15.

Memorial Planned for Helga Friedericke Blazkova-Berger

Helga Friedericke Blazkova-Berger, longtime St. Thomas resident, died on June 17 in Plano, Texas. She was born in Germany on March 25, 1932.

Joseph Olin Davis Dies at 68

Family and friends are advised of the passing of Joseph Olin Davis, 68, on July 26 at his High Canaan home on St. Thomas, Virgin Islands.

Island Therapy Solutions Partners With Camps to Create First Inclusive Program for Autistic Children

This year, Virgin Islands children with autism enjoyed a typical summer camp experience alongside peers without disabilities thanks to a partnership between St. Croix-based Island Therapy Solutions (ITS) and several camps on St. Croix and St. Thomas.

Mary Caroline Ponteen Dies at 89

Mary Caroline Ponteen, also known as “Miss Canie,” “Miss May” and “Miss Mary,” died on Friday, July 22, at her home in Estate Anna’s...

JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

STAY CONNECTED

15,943FansLike
3,136FollowersFollow

FROM FACEBOOK

Load more
Connect with us!