The Main Street Enhancement Project continues. Beginning on Wednesday, July 1, a single lane closure will be implemented on Main Street between Grand Hotel (Norre Gade) heading west from the Post Office Plaza to Nye Gade. Garden Street will be closed to North Bound Traffic. Motorists will not be allowed to turn right onto Garden Street. Note the following detour path to access to Garden Street:
- Continuing west on Main Street;
- Turn right on Nye Gade;
- Turn right onto Back Street;
- Turn left at the traffic signal at Back Street and Garden Street. South Bound traffic from Garden Street and Bunker Hill will only be allowed to turn right onto Main Street heading towards the Market Square area.
No left turn onto Norre Gade from Garden Street will be allowed. All traffic heading east will need to turn left on Kongens Gade and continue over Government Hill to Hospital Ground. All traffic from The Waterfront Emancipation Garden Area to Main Street and Garden Street will follow this detour path:
- Turn right at the Post Office Plaza and continue east along Tolbod;
- Turn left on Forte Strade;
- Turn left on Norre Gade to access Main Street and the detour for Garden Street.
The estimated project will cost $14,625,004.11.