Under the supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Finance & Accounting department, including but not limited to data entry, scanning, and file maintenance in accordance with Fintrac policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the review of project vouchers uploaded by field accountants;
- Scan and file payment vouchers and other files;
- Organize and maintain accounting files, including moving files from one location to another;
- Provide overall accounting support as needed;
- Cross-train in other areas as required; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager, or Controller.
- Associate’s Degree in accounting or related field, or high school graduate with 2 years of relevant experience;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite;
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Excellent attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and work effectively within a team environment;
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Bookkeeping or banking experience;
- Experience with accounting software, preferably Peachtree/Sage and/or QuickBooks;
- Spanish fluency.
This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Fintrac has the right to revise this position description at any time.
Fintrac is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or you may call us at 340-776-7600 and ask for Human Resources.