Milton E. Potter, V.I. Division of Personnel acting director, in accordance with V.I. Code Title 3, chapter 25, section 523, has announced testing for the rank of correction officer.
1) Candidate must have completed 12th grade or possess an equivalency certificate,
2) possess or be able to get a motor vehicle operator’s license,
3) must be a U.S. citizen at least 20 years old and not have reached his or her 46th birthday,
4) must successfully pass a Civil Service Online Examination, physical agility test, psychological exam, oral board interview and a comprehensive background check.
The deadline is March 4; the testing dates are March 25-29.
All interested candidates must sign up and submit a complete application package online at www.dopusvi.org by 11:59 p.m., Monday, March 4. Online preparation manual and practice tests that simulate full length versions of the exam are now available for a minimum fee.
The following candidates will be exempted from sitting for the written examination, but they are required to meet all other established criteria for qualification.
1) Persons holding a degree in any field of study (Associate’s degree and higher) from an accredited institution
2) All honorably discharged veterans from any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces (DD214)
3) National Guardsmen/Air Guard Reserve or serving in a specialized Military Police unit for at least 2 years in good standing
4) Current/former police cadets who successfully completed the established police cadet curriculum along with written verification from Virgin Islands Police Department (VIPD) officials.
For more information, contact Loretta David, personnel analyst-II St. Thomas, at 774-8588 or Zolymar Garcia, personnel analyst-II St. Croix, at 718-8588.