Dec. 22, 2005 – The Virgin Islands Water and Power Authority announced its customer service and water standpipe hours during the holidays and Crucian Festival season as follows:
· All customer service offices throughout the territory will be open on Friday, Dec. 23, from 8 a.m. to noon only. The water standpipe will operate from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
· All customer service offices will be closed on Saturday, Dec. 24. The water standpipe will operate from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
· All offices and standpipes will be closed on Christmas DayDec. 25, Christmas Second DayDec. 26, New Years DayJan. 1, and Three Kings Day, Jan. 6.
· All customer offices will be closed on Monday, Jan. 2. The water standpipes will remain open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
· Only St. Croix Offices will close on Wednesday, Jan. 4, at noon so employees may attend the Festival Food, Arts and Crafts Fair. The water standpipe will remain open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
· All customer offices and standpipes will remain open on Jouvert Thursday, Jan. 5, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
· All customer offices will close on Saturday, Jan. 7, so employees may attend the Crucian Festival Adult Parade. The water standpipes will remain open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Payments by check or money order can be made using the drop-box at the customer service offices or made at banks throughout the territory and on-line at www.viwapa.vi.
The Authority extends best wishes to the Virgin Islands community for an enjoyable and safe holiday season and a New Year of health and prosperity.