Oct. 31, 2002 – The St. Croix Landmarks Society is hosting the ninth annual "Wines of the World" tasting extravaganza on Friday evening at the Whim Museum.
The moveable feast will feature selected sipping with suitable accompaniments at six sites on the museum grounds, from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
Things get going with a welcome toast of Nicolas Feuillate Brut N/V from France. This will be followed by stops at:
– The Cellar, for Cavit Pinot Grigio from Italy, with Quenella de Tilatia wrapped in Prosciutto and Duck Breast Crostinis with Cranberry Confit from Roque's Catering Services.
– The Moat, for Columbia Crest Grand Estates Chardonnay from Washington State, with Herbed Bocadillos with Cappacola, Prosciutto, Olives and Cheese from Cafe du Soleil.
– The Bath House, for Baron Phillipe de Rothschild Escudo Rojo from Chile, with assorted baked Brie with condiments and preserves from Purple's Catering.
– The Museum Store, for Penfolds Koonuuga Hills Shiraz/Cabernet from Australia, with Duck Terrine and Pork Rillettes from Cafe Christine.
– The Cook House, for Robert Mondavi Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon from California, with Lobster Fritters with Mango Ranch Sauce from the Lobster Reef Cafe.
But that's not all. Further attraction will be:
– Viewing during the opening reception of watercolors by Jane Akin depicting "Greathouses and Great Houses of St. Croix."
– Jazz throughout the evening served up by Mario Thomas and Rhythmix.
– A raffle that includes round-trip travel for two to San Francisco with a tour of the Robert Mondavi Winery.
Tickets are $50 general admission and $45 for Landmarks Society members. Reservations are required and may be made with a Visa or MasterCard charge card. Call 772-0598.
Publisher's note : Like the St. Croix Source now? Find out how you can love us twice as much — and show your support for the islands' free and independent news voice … click here.