Forums

St. John
St. Thomas
St. Croix

GOVERNMENT & POLICE NEWS

VIEDA and Subsidiary Boards Schedule Decision Meetings

V.I. Economic Development Authority (VIEDA) along with its subsidiaries -- the Economic Development Commission (EDC), Government Development Bank (GDB) and…

Video Galleries

Audio Galleries

Half a dozen young people, local artists and music producers have created a peace song for Carnival 2014. To read more about the song, click here.

Currently:Click for Saint Thomas, Virgin Islands Forecast
Forums — St. Thomas — General discussion
CommentLog in or Register to CommentE-mailE-MAILPrintPRINT
Valmey Thomas
Oct 28, 2010 - 10:10

My father Mr. Robert T. Wills wanted to share a tribut for Valmey Thomas.

Tribute to Valmey Thomas

Valmey Thomas was by far the most inspiring sports personality the USVI has ever seen. I had a very rewarding and pleasant relationship as one of the foundation members of soccer in the Virgin Islands in the mid-sixties along with Edgar Iles and our deceased comrade Cipriani Phillip. Valmey was always very positive in his advise and always encouraged us to “hang on better days will come.”
He gave willingly with suggestions on trophies and uniforms for all clubs. He may be angry about me for mentioning this, but had it not been for Valmey the St. Croix All-Stars for Soccer would not have had their first uniforms without his generous donation to outfit the team. He was a humble man who didn’t want anyone to make a big deal about his contributions. Although baseball was his passion, he openly supported all sports. We will not forget his superb work with horseracing and his influence as assistant commissioner to Parks and Recreation under Governor Juan Luis. As far as I am concerned he was our (every sportsman’s) Senator never elected. He was a champion for all sports. We will all miss his knowledge and encouragement forever. People like Valmey are priceless. We have lost a true gentleman of sport.

Valmey go in God’s speed knowing you have given all for the better of the USVI. May you rest in eternal peace my friend.

from Bobby Wills and Family