Forums

St. John
St. Thomas
St. Croix

GOVERNMENT & POLICE NEWS

Medicare Part D Open Enrollment Ends On Dec. 7

The VI SHIP/Medicare program has announced that Medicare beneficiaries and persons newly eligible for Medicare can make changes to their…

Video Galleries

Audio Galleries

Police Commissioner Rodney F. Querrard Sr. discusses the Thursday, Sept. 4, 2014, homicide of Keithroy Caines at Oswald Harris Housing Court.

Currently:Click for Saint Thomas, Virgin Islands Forecast
Forums — St. Croix — General discussion
CommentLog in or Register to CommentE-mailE-MAILPrintPRINT
Incarcerating criminal police convicts
Jan 17, 2011 - 09:01

It seems that convicted police persons are sent to the states for incarceration to savethem the embarrassment
of serving time with felons that they may have 'helped'
into jail.

This causes unnnecessary expense to the taxpayers of the territory.

A new law specifying local incarceration for crimes comitted here might give thoughts to those contemplating
such actvities.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Where do you invent your information from. What officers are being incarcerated abroad to save them embarrassment? Do you have names? Last I checked most if not all of the officers convicted recently were in federal courts and are housed in Federal Penitentiaries which are not located in the territory. So your argument, unless you have facts to prove otherwise are, as I suspect, inflammatory in nature designed to draw unnecessary attention to a situation that does not require it. I will equate it to simple saber rattling and nothing more.