Friday, June 23, 2017 11:19 am Last modified: 11:18 am

Community

Phase I of Eastern Caribbean Center’s Annual Community Survey Underway

The goal of the survey is to provide a clearer understanding of the changing population and housing statistics in the territory.
Read More

UVI Bulletin Board for June

Here is what is happening on both campuses of the University of the Virgin Islands.
Read More

James Nathaniel Caines Dies at 93

James Nathaniel Caines of St. Thomas died on Saturday, June 3, at his residence. He was 93 years old.
Read More

Cancer Support V.I. to Host Oncologist Dr. Petra Ketterl

Cancer Support VI, sponsored by International Capital & Management Company (ICMC), has announced the next free presentation.
Read More

2017 KIDS COUNT Data Book Highlights Gains for U.S. Children

The Annie E. Casey Foundation is urging state and federal policymakers not to backtrack on gains made in improving health and well-being outcomes for children.
Read More

Viya Advises Public of Emergency Preparedness Steps

Viya advises the public that in the event of a severe storm, hurricane, natural or man-made disaster, it is important that people tune in to local radio and television stations to stay abreast of weather conditions and updates from the company.
Read More

Damelia Akeisha Correa Dies in Texas

Damelia Akeisha Correa, better known as "Akeisha." of St. Thomas died on Tuesday, May 23, at her residence in Humble, Texas. She was 38 years old.
Read More

UVICELL Offers Human Resources Certification Courses

The “Introductory Course — Associate Professional in Human Resources (aPHR) Certification Prep” is the first HR certification designed for professionals who are just beginning their HR career journey.
Read More

Local Author’s Book on Audre Lorde Nominated for Lambda Literary Award

Local author Dr. Gloria I. Joseph’s bio/anthology about Audre Lorde, New York state poet laureate, civil rights activist, Afro-Caribbean feminist and St. Croix resident until her death in 1992.
Read More

St. Croix Woman to Compete at 56th Jaycees International Queen Pageant

Miss U.S. Virgin Islands Caribbean Queen 2017 Shakirah Ritter of St. Croix is on the final leg of her preparations for the best of regional Caribbean pageantry.
Read More